Bloomington Employment Law Counseling Lawyer
Even the smallest of employers are impacted by the numerous local, state, and federal laws that govern employment relationships. Compliance with these employment laws can be a daunting task for a small or mid-size business, particularly when the business does not have in-house legal counsel to provide guidance. Mike Minenko of Minenko Law, LLC provides employment law counseling to these small and mid-size businesses.
Areas in which Minenko Law, LLC provides employment law counseling include:
- Avoidance of employment discrimination, sexual harassment, and whistleblower claims
- Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements and severance agreements
- Protection of customer relationships, confidential business information, and trade secrets
- The need for and enforceability of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements
- Hiring a new employee who has a non-compete agreement with a former employer
- Proper classification of workers as either independent contractors or employees
- Whether salaried employees are exempt from the overtime pay requirements
- Legal issues arising from the disciplining and discharge of employees
- Accommodation of disabled employees
- Compliance with employee leave laws
- Workplace policies and practices
If you would like to learn more about how Minenko Law, LLC can serve as legal counsel to your business about workplace laws, please call or email Mike Minenko for a no-charge, confidential phone consultation.